Friday, February 15, 2013

2 years

This is a hard subject for me to discuss. Even now, I still start crying just thinking about it. Today marks two years since my mom passed away. I will never forget that day. She had been moved to Bethany House (which is an AMAZING facility by the way) to be able to get some rest, and also for us to get some rest. She was in the final stages of her life and we were all prepared to let her go. And I know that she was ready too. As much of a fighter as she was, I know she was tired and ready to be with her Maker. She was at Bethany House about a week before she passed. I've never told anybody this before but I honestly believe that she waited that long for me. I had my exit HESI for nursing school (which is a HUGE test that I had to pass in order to graduate) on Valentine's Day. I had spent most of my time studying by her bedside. So I passed my test. And mom passed away at 1:15 the following morning. I feel like she knew how important that test was to me and that I wouldn't have been able to do it had she passed sooner. She gave me so much throughout her life and I will always remember that as her last gift to me. Nothing made me happier than being able to whisper in her ear that I had passed. 


She was an amazing woman and a fighter to the very end. Pictured above is her with her baby, Maggie, sometime after her first round of chemo I believe. Whenever something unexpected or funny happens, I always think of her. She was a prankster, but she had an AMAZING heart at the same time. And she touched so many lives. I miss her everyday but I know that she is looking down on me smiling. And I know that in her own little ways, she is helping me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment