1. BEING ALIVE. People tend to overlook this. But as a cancer survivor, I am thankful everyday to have another minute on this planet.
2. MY FRIENDS. Even on my worst day (or days) they are always there backing me up. They know me and understand me and love me.
3. HAVING HAIR. I complain about it all the time because I hate it short and the curls have a mind of their own. But I am thankful to at least have some hair now and not be bald.
4. MY FAMILY. I simply don't know where I would be without them.
5. GOOD MUSIC. Even when I am in a terrible mood or having a really bad day, the right song can always make me feel better. Always.
6. BEING MYSELF. I can be extremely shy and awkward until you know me (then I probably talk TOO much) which I sometimes really dislike about myself. But at the end of the day, I know who I am and what I want and I try to be genuine. And I am proud of that. Besides, being quiet sometimes just means that I'm that much more of a good listener than most and I think before I speak :)
7. AUBURN. This one is in the spirit of yesterday's game. WAR EAGLE!
8. OWNING MY OWN PLACE. I like being independent and I'm proud of the fact that I own something so big. Also, I fall in love with my condo all over again every time I walk in :)
(This is from when I moved in. I still need a lot of furniture though. But I can be a tad indecisive.)
9. MY COWORKERS. I love my job. And my coworkers are like my family. Nursing isn't an easy profession and there is no way I would make it without an amazing group of people by my side.
10. CHRISTMAS BREAK BEING JUST AROUND THE CORNER. I am a nerd and like to read a lot. And I have a huge pile of books I plan to read over the break. And I couldn't be more excited about it.
Well there you have it! People spend the whole month of November remembering what they are thankful for. But I think we should remember to do this year round, not just for a month. At least that's my opinion on the matter :) I have to remind myself of this everyday but I always feel better when I think about the great things I have in my life.